Following on from our latest article warning about the increased number of scams during lockdown – here are our 5 top tips to avoid scams.
- Check who you are dealing with by using the FCA Register to search for the firm and check that they are regulated.
- DO NOT accept any offers of financial reviews that come out of the blue OR from adverts on social media.
- DO NOT open e mails from people who you don’t know and certainly DO NOT click any links in these e mails – ever!
- DO NOT give your personal details to anyone who calls you that you don’t know – especially your bank details.
- Please avoid any company which asks you to make a decision withing a certain timescale. i.e. you must decide now to qualify – this will definitely be a scam.